Tuesday 14 October 2014

Here Goes Engineering time !!!

Session : 1
Time : 9 am - 10.30 am
By : Peter

         It’s the second day of the second week here at PBU. The lesson for today started with Peter, where we learned about English Language class in the context of Engineering. We’ve been given the picture of a 30cm ruler that we needed to cut out. It seemed some of us really enjoy cutting out the picture of the ruler. However, we didn’t have any idea what was the purpose of doing so. After that, Peter asked us a question “How is the average Engineering students like?” Some of the participants replied that the Engineering students were able to understand the language but unable to communicate; while some of them said “They are lack in self-confidence”. We were given worksheets on the vocabulary of different types of biometric where we labelled the vocabulary according to the pictures. Then, we found out that the use of the ruler was to measure the hands as the hands were parts of geometry data. We discussed some issues regarding hand biometrics in groups where we were pretending as a different group of engineers. We discussed if hand geometry would be unique enough to serve as an element in a new security system for a museum. All groups have given some interesting feedback and ideas in the discussion. As for me, to reflect on this lesson, based on my honest point of view, this lesson is difficult for me to comprehend. Most of the time I have no idea what we supposed to do. Maybe because I have in my schemata that Engineering is difficult so I kind of get lost during the lesson. However, I am grateful that I am learning something new although it does not interest me.


Written by,

Fathiah Izzati Binti Mohamad Fadzillah
Kolej Komuniti Segamat 2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment